Well Told Entertainment, a small indie game studio located in Orange, CA is looking to hire a full-time Unity Designer to join our team.
Our current project is a stylized 3D narrative adventure game, being co-developed by Night School Studio (Oxenfree, Afterparty).
- Full-Time Unity Design Position
- Must be located in Orange County, California
- Start date: ASAP.
- 1-3+ years industry experience.
- Blue Anthem Health, Dental, Vision benefits available.
Unity Designer Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation of full game design documentation for assigned projects.
- Working in the Unity game engine and utilizing Night School Studio’s proprietary tool-set: Night Tools, to piece together branching narrative game-play.
- Spatial design – gray-boxing areas which the character walks around in and what they interact with.
- Encounter design – creating fun sequences, enemy, behavior, and obstacle sequencing.
- Identify and prioritize required feature specifications, set the standard for these specs, and review and sign off on all specifications for junior team members.
- Manage regular internal testing sessions on projects, both within the team and across the wider studdio, and using this data to influence future design decisions.
- Work closely with Production, Engineer, Art and Story Leads to make project critical decisions that ensure game quality is maintained without jeopardizing the delivery of game milestones.
Currently looking for individuals with the following background:
- Experience with the Unity 3D game development pipeline.
- Shipped at minimum 1 video game in a game or level design role.
- Ability to communicate and articulate design concepts for narrative games.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Can block out basic CG assets in a pinch.
- Let us know your favorite videogame is. (Narrative &/or non-narrative).
- You have a neighborly relationship with C#.
Please submit resume and portfolio below!