* If you don’t see your position listed, feel free to submit your work if you’re interested in Well Told! We keep a backlog of applications for future opportunities!
VFX Game Artist (Unreal Engine, Real Time)
Well Told is an indie game company that focuses on balancing good stories and tight gameplay for cutting-edge platforms and mediums. We are working on an unannounced 3D title in Unreal Engine and are seeking a real-time VFX artist to create various effects for the project.
If you’d like to know more, send us an application! We’re excited to meet you.
- Freelance, Remote, Temp.
- Location: Orange County, CA
- Work closely with the Art Lead and Tech Art Lead to implement the style and vision for visual effects across the project.
- Create beautiful and efficient real-time VFX through all stages of development.
- Assistance in bringing our prototype temp VFX assets to final.
- Communicate with design and engineering to make sure effects are effective and efficient.
- 3+ years of video game industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process and constraints.
- Eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects into modular assets.
- UE4/UE5 experience (or relative experience) plus Niagara VFX System proficiency.
- Create VFX that has a consistent quality and is efficient for real-time use.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Recommended Materials to Submit:
- Please provide either an artstation or personal portfolio link for us to review your realtime 3D game VFX art. (Video/Screenshots).
- And/or, please share past game experience/footage with clear references to your contributions.
Hello there! Are you interested in working with us for a position that is not currently posted? Well, do not fret!!
We’re always keeping our eyes peeled to expand our network and to learn of the unique wizardly skills you may possess! Below select the other option to fill us in on what you do. It may take millennia for us to respond, but we’ll certainly review your submission and keep you in mind. Who knows what opportunities are in store for the future, destinies may align.
Thank you greatly for your time and interest!